Saturday, July 13, 2013

Trust


Be strong, banish fear and doubt. Remember the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9 

Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet. Really. Please. Don’t. So much is bandied about in the ether, a never-never land few of us understand, that it is imperative to be suspicious of what comes your way, especially in those massive forwarded messages. I appreciate the sentiment when someone forwards interesting links. They want to share something they believe is important, funny, informative or cute. Too frequently when I follow up and try to find the original source, it is often attributed incorrectly in the version I received, or not a real experience, but a tearjerker story a talented creative writer conjured up. Nor am I keen on the “Jesus Loves You” e-mails and links that imply that if I don’t forward this message on, I’m just not with the program, I’m not a real Christian, I’m sadly flawed because I don’t spread the word or keep the candle burning or plant another seed (or 20, which seems to be the magic number to assure my membership in the club of three percent who will pass it on). What I believe, and can find firm corroboration for in Biblical texts, is that Jesus loves me whether I pass on an e-mail link or not; this truth is the glue that binds together disparate people from all over the globe. I don’t need to forward an e-mail to assure me of my place in God’s love. I have God’s word, and that’s enough for me.

 _______________________


If this speaks to you, please comment or share with others through whichever sharing network you use. Thanks  

No comments:

Post a Comment