Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Thanksgiving


Every Day a Celebration

So teach us to number our days, that we may get us a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12
Today is my birthday and this verse is a wake up call. My days are numbered, and I don’t know what that number is, but knowing this helps keep life in perspective. What I do today, counts. What I do in this moment will make a difference for me, and maybe for others. Being wise is the opposite of being careless. It’s treasuring all the people in life whom I love and who love me. It’s deciding every day to be kind instead of cruel, joyful rather than morose, thoughtful about what I say rather than caustic, generous in thought, word and deed, open minded yet steadfast and firm in my faith. I count each day a blessing, a gift to be opened with anticipation and care. On this day and every day I pray I have the good sense to make the most of it.
____________________
If this speaks to you, please comment or share with others through whichever sharing network you use. Thanks  

No comments:

Post a Comment