Monday, June 10, 2013

Hope


On Wings Like Eagles

“But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31

The image conjured by Isaiah 40:31 is of one rising always rising, caught in the wind of the Holy Spirit, fearless, courageous and trusting. When I see the people of Newtown, Conn. standing firmly with their sisters and brothers as they heal day-by-day, moment-by-moment I see God at work. When I walk into a store and see collection boxes giving me the opportunity to help out in some way with the recovery efforts in Oklahoma following the brutal forces of nature, I am lifted up. When I hear tolerance spoken in word and deed I am changed. I read somewhere that scary events do happen, that is a fact of life. Fear is a choice. We can let circumstances defeat us or make us stronger. I choose this day to soar like an eagle, to run and not grow weary, walk and not be faint lifted and sustained by the Holy Spirit, God with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment