Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Spring Moment


“Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. Luke 12:27


This week the first tulip in our yard opened. Now there are several more, an irregular row of yellow blossoms bright against the spiky green leaves. The flowers open as the day progresses, folding back into themselves as evening falls. I am astounded by the beauty of these harbingers of spring. Awed by their color. Filled for a moment with a desire to laugh with joy at the sight of them. Were I a child I would drop to my knees and stare at them, believing I could watch the wax and wane of their life cycle. I would touch them with care, fearful of damaging something so delicate. I shake my head and hurry on, and then stop for just one moment and say, "Thank you Creator God, for your gift of tulips."

No comments:

Post a Comment