Saturday, August 3, 2013

Prayer


God's unknowable plan 

Luke 22:42 – “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”

Do you pray believing? The strength of prayer is less about the words we choose and much more about the depth of our belief. Impossible outcomes do happen, because they are only impossible in our sight, not God’s. Having written those lines I will  insert the common questions about how, when and why, or in some cases “if” God will indeed answer your prayer, or mine for that matter. Horrific and devastating events do happen, and often after we have prayed our hearts out for a particular outcome. The words I come back to as reassurance and instruction are found in Luke 22:42 – “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” Jesus, knowing what was ahead, gave himself into God’s hands – “not my will, your will.” Pray believing, trusting in God’s unknowable plan, His will, not yours, not mine, His.
_________________
Follow Joy in the Morning by entering your e-mail address in the box to the right. Your e-mail is never shared with anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment