Thursday, February 21, 2013

Witness


Bold faith

The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. Psalm 118:14

Serenity

My relationship with God is individual. My response to that relationship tells the story of who I am in that relationship. If I am a bold witness, I have a bold relationship. If I am a timid witness, well it’s pretty clear how I regard God’s power and it is not a pretty sight. I fall into that category way too often. Yes, I’m a strong believer, but I don’t want to make other people uncomfortable so I’ll keep that to myself. Or I have serious issues within my family, and yes, I know God is at work, but really doesn’t He expect me to solve my own problems (read “their” problems) and not be a whiney cat? Bold faith isn’t about sitting on a log and waiting for God to provide you sustenance; it’s about knowing he gives you the wit and wisdom to make the most of who you are. Look at the last three words ­– who YOU are. We get into trouble when we start thinking it’s our job to fix everyone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment