Thursday, March 1, 2012


Yes I Can!

Rose“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” Colossians 3:23, 24.

What part of dieting do you like? Anyone have a good answer to that question? Dieting is a negative experience no matter how you look at it. Too often it’s a review of the “can’ts.” I can’t eat when I want to. I can’t eat what I want. I can’t eat too much. I can’t have PIE!

Instead of thinking negatively, try using a healthy living approach and then work at it with all your heart.

I can feel better if I walk regularly. I can eat this because it is healthy for my body. I can lose weight if I make healthier choices. I can be of service when I stop thinking of the negative experience of dieting and start thinking about other people.

That piece of pie you thought you couldn’t do without? Make a gift of it to a shut in, someone who probably needs and wants your company more than they want that piece of pie.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon! Great to "meet" you through the MNINB Twitter community / April platform challenge. Although my comment here is partly to complete today's assignment I also really liked this short but sweet post. I'm at the beginning of another weight-loss attempt (this time with a friend so we can help each other) and I appreciate this reminder to focus on what we CAN do. I also loved your last idea of turning the negatives (i.e. what I can't have) into something positive (i.e. what I can bless someone else with). I'll have to give that more thought! :)

    ReplyDelete