Sunday, January 22, 2012

Renewal

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

As I write this northern New Mexico wind howls outside sweeping away snow clouds; it stirs in me recollections of winters past. When I was a child we lived in Hobbs, New Mexico, where snow was rare, but I recall those magical times when we would come out of church on a Sunday morning and find an overlay of new snowfall that muffled everything, creating a crust of white making the world look fresh and new. That’s what happens when we have a relationship with God. He muffles the noise of the world so we can hear His voice. He covers our transgressions with forgiveness and creates in us a clean heart, one able to take in His love and then share it with others. Just as the snow changes the landscape of the world, God changes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment